Friday, October 15, 2010

Gathering Invitations

Instead of using our standard postcard style invitations for an upcoming Home Gathering for a friend, I decided to mix things up a little bit.  After looking through our How-To books for a layout, I settled on the Balance It Out template from Originals to get me started.  I ran Pear and Lagoon cardstock through my Big Shot with an embossing folder.  After embossing, I used our sanding kit on the raised dots.  For the brad-like look on the corners, I stamped the dot from the Heart to Heart stamp set and then used Liquid Glass to make it shiny.

The end product looks like this:
 

The Gathering information was printed on a separate sheet of cardstock and tucked inside the card.  The recipient can use the card themselves!
Cardstock: Pear, Lagoon
B and T Paper: Hooligans
Stamp Sets: The Present, Heart to Heart
Ink: Gypsy, Lagoon, Pear
Other: Liquid Glass, Sanding Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment